Prince of Wales Battery was one of a series of batteries erected on Battery Point about 1840 to protect the almost-city of Hobart Town from enemy ships. It was dismantled about 1880 and the area turned into a park, but the underground magazine remains. Usually it’s locked. But sometimes it’s opened….
This is why it was open, it had a exhibition for Dark Mofo in 2014.